Privacy Notice for Text to Donate
Your information (mobile number and donation amount) will be collected by Fonix Mobile plc on behalf of The Talent Fund (a registered charity number 1185346 which operates several different charitable brands and restricted funds) and will only be used for processing your donation, providing receipts, managing refunds and failed donations as necessary and to help analyse our income.
It will not be used for any other purposes.
Our lawful basis for this processing is that it is in our legitimate interests. Any additional information provided as part of the Gift Aid declaration (first name or initial, surname, address and postcode) will only be used for the purpose of claiming Gift Aid.
Your data will only be used by The Talent Fund and our charitable brands and restricted funds and will not be passed onto any third parties, other than HMRC.
Terms and Conditions
- As well as the relevant Donation Value, each text message will incur your standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates).
- Text to donate services can only be used from a UK mobile and does not include Channel Islands or Isle of Man mobile networks. If you donate using this service from a UK mobile abroad you may incur additional network charges.
- Where calls to donate are associated with challenges, your donations are independent of the success or failure of the challenge
- Please ensure you spell the Keyword (donation amount) correctly and send your text message to the correct Short Code, however, if we, acting reasonably believe you are trying to donate, we will still take the donation even if you entered the Keyword incorrectly. Alternatively, we may instead send you a message to let you know that your donation has failed. The message we send to you in this instance is not a confirmation message so, whilst you will be charged your standard network message charge, you will not be charged the Donation Value and will not be donating to The Talent Fund/its charitable brands and restricted funds. You will not have been added to any marketing databases if we send you this follow up text unless you have expressly requested to be.
- If your Keyword and Short Code are valid and your text message is received within the specified times and dates, you will be charged the applicable Donation Value via reply confirmation text message(s) and your donation will go to The Talent Fund/its charitable brands and restricted funds with the exception of Vodafone customers, who will be charged the Donation Value directly via their bill). It may take some time for you to receive the confirmation text message. Please wait until you receive it. Unless a cap applies (see below) each valid text you send will result in a charge of the Donation Value plus your standard network message charge, regardless of when you receive your confirmation text message. Any repeat texts will result in repeat donations.
- If you are a UK taxpayer, The Talent Fund can claim an additional 25p in Gift Aid from the Government for every £1 you donate. We’ll send you a follow up text to ask if you want to claim Gift Aid on your donation. If you follow the link in our follow up text, you’ll be taken to our website to complete the Gift Aid declaration – please read it carefully. For us to claim Gift Aid, you must pay UK income or capital gains tax this year (this does not include VAT or council tax) at least equal to the amount reclaimed on all your charitable donations. Find out more about Gift Aid here (opens in new window). We may include a link in the text message, and if you follow the link you will be taken to a website to complete the Gift Aid declaration. Please read the details carefully before submission. You will not automatically be added to any marketing databases if we send you this follow up text.
- There is a daily limit (12.00 am to 11:59 pm) of £50 on text donations to each short code with the same keyword for the same donation amount from the same mobile number, up to a maximum donation amount of £240 per month per mobile number. If you try to donate more than that in a day using the same Keyword and Short Code from the same mobile, you will still be charged your standard network rate, but will not be charged the Donation Value for a confirmation text message and will not be donating to The Talent Fund/its charitable brands or restricted funds. For the avoidance of doubt this maximum is placed on the text messages sent with the same Keyword to the same Short Code. Also note that pre-paid customers who are trying to donate £20, £30 or £40 but have insufficient credit, may only be charged £10, £20 or £30 (as applicable).
- If you would like to contribute a different amount to The Talent Fund/its charitable brands or restricted funds, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org Any donations, including donations via text, are non-refundable, other than in limited circumstances.
- All supporters must obtain permission from the bill payer before sending a text message. If you are under 16 years old, you must have your parent or guardian’s permission to send a text donation to us, our charitable brands and restricted funds.
- The Talent Fund, its charitable brands and restricted funds cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any text being lost or not properly received.
- The text service is provided by Fonix Mobile plc. If you have any queries regarding the service, please contact Fonix at email@example.com(opens in new window) or write to Fonix Mobile plc, 23 Heddon Street, London, W1B 4BQ or call on the following Helpline Number: 0208 114 7001 (Monday to Friday 9:00 – 17:30).
- The Talent Fund reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Any updates will be posted alongside the Terms and Conditions.
- The governing law is that of England and Wales.